- I Found Out Who I Am (Written by Valerian E. Smith)
- Dream of a Time / I Am a Child (Written by Valerian E. Smith)
- Can You Imagine? (Written by Valerian E. Smith)
- Out of My Heart? (Written by Valerian E. Smith)
- Memories (Written by Valerian E. Smith)
- Alive In This Place (Written by Ivan Griffin/Thomas J. Dawson, Jr.)
- The Old Rugged Cross (Arr. by Thomas J. Dawson, Jr.)
- Until You Bless Me/I Can’t Write This Song (Written by Ivan Griffin/Thomas J. Dawson, Jr.)
- Unspeakable Joy (Written by Ivan Griffin/Thomas J. Dawson, Jr.)
Produced and Arranged by Thomas J. Dawson, Jr.
Executive Producers: Ivan Griffin, Michael C. Boucree, Thomas J. Dawson, Jr.
Label: Reaching Records
Release Date: 2018
Ivan's Debut Album is Gold!
Ivan Griffin's debut album "Finding My Way Back To Me" on the Reaching Records label has already taken the world by storm. It is filled with original and previously scored works that is so alluring, that the songs surreptitiously find their way to the heart and soul of each listener.
Produced, orchestrated and arranged by Thomas J. Dawson, Jr., Music Director of the legendary Commodores, "Finding My Way Back To Me" boasts of such creative tracks as: the self-discovery "I Found Out Who I Am", the jazz-infused, smoke-filled, reminiscent "Memories", the upbeat, Walter Hawkins-esque "Unspeakable Joy", Griffin's self-penned testimonial "Alive In This Place", and one of America's most-beloved hymns, "The Old Rugged Cross".
The combination of Griffin's bass-baritone vocal mastery along with Dawson's luxurious and sweeping orchestrations secures this record as a musical masterpiece that is sure to resonate throughout the years.
(Songs included in preview: Alive In This Place, I Found Out Who I Am, Memories, The Old Rugged Cross, Unspeakable Joy)
this is my story
American bass-baritone Ivan Griffin has delighted audiences in Italy, France, Germany, Spain, Switzerland, Holland, and South Africa. His operatic engagements include Lawyer Frazier in Michigan Opera Theatre’s Porgy and Bess, a role that he was invited to reprise during a European tour of the opera. Ivan made his Spoleto Festival USA 2016 debut in the role of Robbins in Porgy and Bess. He was also featured as the King in the world premiere of Afram ou la Belle Swita by Edmund Thornton Jenkins. Additionally he has appeared as Lucien Aubry in Minette Fontaine with OperaCréole, Rev. Olin Blitch in Susannah with Buffalo Lyric Opera, Count Almaviva in The Marriage of Figaro and Papageno in The Magic Flute with Western New York Opera Theater.
Book Ivan Griffin
Follow me online
Let's be friends!